DCepticon - Don't Be That Guy!

Helping to prevent stuff from happening for over 30 years.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Moving Day

I have worked at a small to medium size development company for the last four years. The longest I have ever had a full time job in my life. Today we move. I can't say I will miss the confines of the warehouse we have shared with an archive storage business all this time, but I will miss the regular pattern of my life. Up at 7:30, out the door by 8:12 (after Good Morning America runs the News, Weather and Human Interest Feel Good Story of the Morning), walk to the Metro by 8:30, get to Ft. Totten by 8:38. wait with the school children for the bus to leave at 8:50 and arrive at the warehouse by 9:05. It was a pattern it was the way I lived my life. Then at 5:06 the bus took me back to the Metro and I went to my varied and numerous round of evening plans.

I have to say I have always hated a schedule. The idea of day in and day out subservience to an ordered norm makes me feel trapped. And I hate being trapped. So now it is off to the new office with a door and windows and the bus which goes directly in front of my apartment and will have me there in 20 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home