DCepticon - Don't Be That Guy!

Helping to prevent stuff from happening for over 30 years.

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Pirates

I am currently reading Treasure Island, by Robert Lewis Stevenson. This is the story of a young boy who befriends who is terrorized by one sketchy male role model after another while searching for a buried treasure on an island, thus the title.

While this seems to have been a book read by millions of school age boys since its publication, I some how avoided it until now. It is sort of like being the angry young man who thinks he discovered Steppen Wolfe (either the book, band or theatre company). Here I am at more than twice the age I am supposed to be when reading about Long John Silver and Blind Pew and I am eating it up like candy. Despite, what to a modern reader seems to be, a NAMBLA story of self discovery, I am finding the story to be enjoyable and exciting. I have to say that reading it has resparked the joy in me of talking like a pirate. So Arrr!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home